Carolina Real Estate Coalition founder Christy Kimbro shares her advice for choosing a Realtor.
- Select a real estate agent who lives in the same town or neighborhood you are looking in. Using a Wake Forest agent to find a Durham home might not yield the best results, and a local will know the best areas for your commute, schools, activities and more.
- Keep in mind that most areas, the Triangle especially, have unique pockets within the cities and towns that may be more to your liking than others. Be sure to ask your Realtor about this.
- A Realtor that takes more than 24 hours to respond to you may not have the sense of urgency that you need to make a move on a home you’re interested in. Look for someone who is responsive and helpful.
- Outside of questions that may violate fair housing guidelines, there are very few questions that your agent should not be able to answer about the local market. If they don’t know an answer, they should do the research and get it for you as soon as possible.
- There is no such thing as a stupid question, so ask as many as you like!
Have other tips for finding a Realtor, or questions for Christy? Share them in the comments below!
Be sure to like C.R.E.C. on Facebook for the latest on the Triangle home buying market.